Behaviour at Little Leigh
We foster an environment where all children can flourish and achieve. Our school is a
safe, healthy, caring and friendly place to learn where children develop resilience
and confidence and are included, respected and valued. We care and respect all
and we are dedicated to ensuring the individual needs of all pupils are met in a
safe, secure, engaging and stimulating environment.
Our mission statement, 'Educating hearts, educating minds' reminds us of the
importance of friendship and belonging. We feel passionately that every child
should be offered the opportunity to make the most of their talents and abilities. It
is our aim that children leave us as successful, resilient learners and confident
young people. We work as a team to enable and develop learning, to help children become
All adults to:
- To be consistent in our expectations for all children.
- To ensure positive relationships throughout school.
- To model positive behaviours to all children.
- To meet and greet children every day (teachers and teaching assistants)
- To focus on the behaviours that we are looking for.
- To demonstrate clear routines and expectations.
At Little Leigh Primary, we expect the children to adhere to the following rules by demonstrating the behaviours identified:
Ready to Learn
- You are active in your learning
- Giving 100% effort
- Listening at the right times
- Taking part in lessons, school life etc.
- Be resilient towards challenge
- Prepared to listen to advice
- Being focused to achieve your best!
Respectful to Others
- Be honest
- Show kindness to all children and staff
- Listen to all staff both inside and outside of the classroom
- Follow instructions from all staff
- Solve conflicts / arguments calmly
- Think about your words and the effect they have.
- Be polite!
Safe at Work and Play
- Make sensible choices inside and outside of school
- Use equipment correctly and appropriately at break and lunchtimes
- Be respectful of our school and everything in it
- Be proud of our school – take care of it!
- Keep each other safe!